Small is beautiful!



We keep waiting for that happiness, that sense of joy and fulfillment, when we will get our dream job, when we would have a settled and satisfied life, a loving spouse, happy and contented parents. Each day that dream seems even further. In pursuit of our dreams, maybe we forget to look at small, simple things in life which actually contribute to our happiness.

Today, while coming to my office by the local train, I happened to see what the young person next to me was dialling. It showed a number, which changed to "My swt hrt". One could see the excitement on that man's face, calling his sweetheart in the morning, maybe to wake her up. I could not help myself from smiling. We can get happy on so small things. No gaadi, bunglow or bank balance can give you the sense of delight you feel when you know someone cares about you so much, loves you so much.

Then, on my way to office from the station(a 5 min. walk), I noticed a kid with a big(relative to kid), black colored bicycle(the typical male bicycle that you see quite often). He had the bicycle on stand and was trying to fix the chain, which had come off. His hands were all black with the effort, but still his determination was very much visible. He was totally oblivious of the surroundings and did not notice me passing him by so close. I remembered my childhood time, when I had just learned cycling. I did not have my personal cycle at that time, and it might sound strange, but we had small shops near our house where you could get cycle on rent, on hourly basis. I used to plead to my mom to give me money and when I used to get it, I was so happy riding that cycle. Nothing else mattered, just the joy of being in control of that cycle.

I felt a sense of confidence. I felt we can decide our emotions. We can choose to be happy, to be interested and to have a positive outlook towards life. Then, even a small bird sitting near your window, hopping around carelessly or that boy chasing the fleeting kite is enough to make you ready for life's challenges yet again.

Life is beautiful and its beauty lies in such small occurences.

The dialogue from the movie Troy is so true:
"The Gods envy us. They envy us because we're mortal, because any moment might be our last. Everything is more beautiful because we're doomed.We will never be here again.

1 comment:

Clementine said...

:)
and these are the things which made ur life...these small gud things...these small bad things...