
Why do people need to socialise? I remember a cliche answer:"Man is a social animal". Is that it? Is man actually an animal? Or is he something else, a totally different, an out of this world kind of phenomenon.
Love. Now, growing up in India, one cannot stay away from movies and movies had this rosy and beautiful and actually really simple picture of love. One just needed a beautiful gal in a college, a handsome guy has to somehow help/save this gal of course uttering "Ye to mera farz tha" after the heroic deed. Suddenly, from nowhere both of them reach to beautiful locations and start singing a lovely song. And we knew ki "pyaar" ho chuka hai. So, that was the impression of love till I was a kid. Of course, I knew that my parents, my relatives all of them loved me, but I was amused by the fact that we never sang songs, so how could this be love as well. I grew up to the facts of life and came to know about and even experienced the games nature plays. Girls were now not just like any other classmates. They were you know, girls. I came to understand the meaning of coming together of two flowers. Another kind of love. Then came to college, and now have seen my friends getting committed. And that too being really far from each other. So another kind of love. Man I am totally confused. Why do they have to use the same word for all kinds. Maybe it actually is the same or maybe not.
Friendship. I am not talking of a casual acquaintance kinda relationship. It should be similar to what Jai and Veeru had(Todenge dam magar tera saath naa chhodenge). Can we love our friends? Answer seems yes. But then it is another kind of love.
Then an eternal question. Can a girl and boy be just friends? Answer according to hindi movies is no. But then how does one know if he/she has actually fallen in love. They say it would be like you can't imagine life without someone. Now, practically that seems difficult. Also, you could also miss your friend as much. And how do I know for sure that I am in that spiritual kinda love and I am not only attracted to her cute face and her wonderful figure. If love is above all, then why do so many songs are made in which lovers are praising each other's physical beauties. Physical beauty matters or not? Ideally it should not, but then if I am given an option to choose 1 out of 2 gals and both are not known to me, I would obviously go to the one who is better looking. A gal will similarly like to talk to a better looking guy. Now, I feel that is natural, God has made us that way. Then does God want to define love in this manner? In other words, Is love just an euphemism to the actual reason male and female are attracted to each other and human race is continuing on this planet?
Relationships indeed are complicated, but everyone would agree that a normal person cannot live without socialising, without having friends, without having someone with whom he can share his dreams, desires and his interpretation of what life is all about. That is what should matter and maybe that is what finally matters. If there is someone who cares about you and that too without any reason. Someone who has got the right mix of maturity and innocence. One who knows when to just listen and when to talk, when to stand and when to walk(Hey that rhymes!).
If you are lucky enough to find someone like that then the definitions of love, friendship might not be important to you at all. And maybe you will enlighten me on this aspect as well. Till that time, I would remain confused. Love or friendship. Love or friendship. Love or friendship.
3 comments:
:)
wat shud i say???
ur strange.. :)
well i may nt b a help but enjoyed the post!!
keep writing!!
waiting for ur nxt post!!
:)
:)
SUMTIMES WE R NT ABLE TO SEE WHAT PEOPLE WANT TO PROJECT!!
i am glad , i read this post agai..it was like i read a new post!!!
:)
thanx 'pen mate'..
n plz.jaldi jaldi update kiya karo blog ko.. :)
kalway bhai kuchh jyada hi deep mein jaa kar soch rahe ho...i m totally confused now regarding "love or friendship" between a gal nd guy...it really is strange as to when do we feel like being in love with a gal...keep up the blogging...i think may be sometime soon i will also write something ;-)
Post a Comment